When you order our final draft dissertation editing service (with a deadline of 7 or 10 days), we ensure that your dissertation is accepted without requests for revisions (if there are any, we'll take care of them), is written in clear, concise prose, follows your reference style guidelines, and has perfect layout formatting.
As the first online editing company to focus specifically on serving college writers, we have over 20 years of experience helping students and academics prepare their dissertation drafts. In fact, since our founding in 2002 in San Jose, California, we've edited and formatted tens of thousands of dissertation pages for ProQuest publication alone, serving thousands of students, professors, and independent scholars on their paths to academic success.
Our dissertation editing, proofreading, and formatting services address errors in grammar, clarity, style, voice, and citation and layout formatting, ensuring that your final draft is ready for final approval without revisions.
We will ensure, as we have since 2002, that the final draft you receive from us is completely ready to publish or turn in and will work with you until it's ready or refund your payment.
What Dissertation Editing Covers
Our dissertation editing service addresses the following elements of academic writing.
- Grammar & Clarity: In our first pass of dissertation editing, we correct subject-verb agreement, pronoun referents, run-on and fragmented sentences (i.e., sentence boundaries), weak or improper verb usage, and other fatal grammatical mistakes.
- Style & Voice: Style and voice editing addresses tone, word choice, pronoun usage, sentence structure, transitions, and paragraph length, where appropriate. It also ensures that your writing conventions are consistent with your field's style guides (for example, numbers and statistical terminology are written differently in APA than MLA, and the correct use of italics varies across disciplines). "Voice," meanwhile, addresses the use of the passive voice when an active voice is better or required by your style guide. The overuse of active voice is common in academic writing that reports research results, but most guides recommend that it be used sparingly.
- Proofreading: Once we've edited for grammar, style, and voice, we complete your dissertation editing with a final proofreading pass to ensure that the minutest of details are covered. By "minutest of details," we mean every comma use, extra space, unneeded carriage return, typo, homonym substitution, and stray period (the list could go on).
- Citation Formatting (optional): Most clients include citation formatting with their thesis or dissertation editing order. With this added service, we check and revise your citations (footnotes or parenthetical references) and reference list. This review requires a focus on tiny details that most writers (even most editors, in our experience) miss. We won't let your thesis or dissertation go to publication with reference errors or get rejected because of them.
- Layout Formatting (optional): Layout formatting is one of the most technically complicated aspects of preparing your final thesis or dissertation. It requires using multiple Word functions (e.g., the styles pane, pagination, headers and footers, section and page breaks). With layout formatting added to your order, we format your dissertation per your university's layout guidelines to ensure that the margins, page numbering, spacing, headers, Table of Contents/List of Tables, table and figure tags, and anything else listed in them are correct.
Complete Prep Editing
Our Complete Prep service dissertation editing service includes editing, citation formatting, and layout formatting at a combined rate.
If you're already comfortable with your dissertation's style and voice, you may prefer to order our dissertation proofreading service, which covers basic grammar.
No Revisions Necessary: Your Final Draft is Here
After we've completed editing your dissertation, we'll send a copy of your edited dissertation draft back to you with track changes turned on for your review (and to show our work). We don't leave comments for you to address or any marginal notes that you'll need to sort through. When we find an error, we correct it so that you don't have to. It's that straightforward. Our reading room has samples for your review.