The Original All-Academic Editing Service
You've reached this page because you're seeking clarity, consistency, and grammatical precision in your writing. You've come to the right place. Since our founding in 2002 as the original all-academic editing service, we've provided final-draft proofreading, formatting, and editing services that students (and professors) can afford for their most important work.
We were the first online service to make thesis, dissertation, and essay editing widely available and affordable and to prove that professors would endorse professional editing for student writers. In fact, our oldest online review comes from Amazon.com in 2004:
Our PromiseThe final draft you receive from us will be completely ready to publish or turn in, and we'll work with you until it's ready or refund your payment.
Our Editing Services
- essay editing and essay proofreading services address style, voice, basic grammar, and typographical errors.
- express editing and express essay proofreading services are available for essay writers who need us to meet 24 and 48 hour deadlines.
thesis and dissertation editing and proofreading services were created to ensure that your final draft is ready for submission and publication. For "the works" (i.e., editing, citation formatting, and layout formatting combined), the easiest service to order is Complete Prep Thesis and Dissertation Editing.
- Our resumé editing and admissions essay editing services assist your academic and professional development at accessible rates.
- thesis and dissertation formatting service ensures that the guidelines for the appearance of your draft––enforced by universities, departments, and style manuals––are met, and our citation formatting service ensures that your reference list and internal citations comply with your chosen academic style.
- Our scholarly writing tips for college writers offer teaching tools for composition professors and writing centers and helpful advice for writers struggling to understand and ins and outs of common essay types.
Since our founding in 2002, we've prepared (i.e., edited, formatted, and proofread) tens of thousands of pages of student dissertations for publication in ProQuest and ERIC's databases alone.
The rates for our services are set to meet the needs and budgets of graduate and undergraduate students. We've done the math, and our per-page rates are comparable to the hourly rates offered elsewhere, and our prices are slightly lower than those of our competitors' rates per page.
We edit. They proofread (and call it editing).
Other companies use a pool of casual or part-time editors who produce work like the sample we recently requested from another service and re-edited here.
The Editing Process
When you order editing services from us, we'll change the grammar and style directly in your draft using Word's track changes function. After we edit your essay or dissertation and return it by email, you can choose to review each of the changes individually or accept them universally. Unlike other services online, we don't leave comments or suggestions for you to review. Instead, we'll return an error-free, print-ready draft.
AI grammar software like Grammarly does not correct for standard academic style requirements. A thorough academic editing review requires a human eye that remains attentive to your academic writing guide, the context of each correction, and the topic of your thesis, dissertation, or essay draft. For these reasons, natural intelligence remains, as it has been since our founding in 2002, at the core of our editing service.
Our sample here shows the difference between AI editing and our natural intelligence approach for an APA dissertation that came to us with a 99% Grammarly score. We're here to save you time. If you haven't yet edited your work, we recommend skipping that step by letting us ensure that the changes made are consistent with your style requirements and that Grammarly's multiple errors and awkward suggestions aren't overlooked.
What You'll Need to Get Started
To place an order with us, you'll need a Word version of the essay, thesis, or dissertation draft that you'd like us to edit, the total word count of the document, any instructions or guidelines that you'd like us to follow (such as formatting guidelines or comments from a professor or advisor), and a payment method.