For those writers who are confident in their writing or who need a final review before submission and publication of their dissertations, our thesis and dissertation proofreading services address errors in spelling, punctuation, and basic grammar.
Our thesis and dissertation proofreading applies the exacting standards of our essay proofreading service to master's and doctoral work, correcting errors in spelling, punctuation, and basic grammar. Thesis or dissertation proofreading includes corrections to the following common trouble-spots and easily-overlooked errors:
- Spelling: We carefully comb through your thesis or dissertation, correcting the kinds of errors that even advanced Grammar checkers like Grammarly routinely miss: correctly spelled but inappropriate words. We also correct common homonym substitutions such as their/there, to/too, effect/affect, accept/except, and it/it's.
- Punctuation: We find and fix misplaced commas, periods, colons, semicolons, dashes, and parentheses.
- Typographic Errors: Typographic errors, such as extra letters and spaces, can undermine your reader's confidence in your writing. We'll make sure that these errors are removed from your final draft.
- Basic Grammar: When editing for basic grammar, we correct such problems as faulty subject-verb agreement, bad verb tense, wrong use of articles, and incorrect word choice. Grammar editing with our dissertation proofreading service is a light version of the grammar component of our dissertation editing service and does not address issues of logic, style, or voice.
Thesis & Dissertation Formatting
- Layout Formatting: Fonts that are too large, margins that are too wide, and line spacing that is too vast can cause professors to question the length of your thesis or dissertation and your own attention to detail. We'll automatically format your thesis or dissertation in accordance with the university layout guidelines you provide with our additional layout formatting service.
- Citation Style Formatting: For most students, correctly citing sources has not yet become second nature. We are intimately familiar with the basic style manuals for professional fields and will repair your citations to conform to these standards with our citation formatting service included with your proofreading order.
We will ensure, as we have since 2002, that the final thesis or dissertation draft you receive from us is completely ready to publish or turn in and will work with you until it's ready or refund your payment.
Today's artificial intelligence like Grammarly is better than Word's grammar check, but they still leave errors and awkward phrases. A thorough thesis or dissertation proofreading requires a human eye that remains attentive to your style, the context of each correction made, and your thesis or dissertation's content. For these reasons, natural intelligence remains, as it has been since our founding in 2002, at the core of our editing service.