- Editors For Students (EFS) provides editing services primarily, but not exclusively, to students in college.
- Privacy - We take our clients' privacy seriously, and will not share client documents or personal information with any third party.
- Refund Policy - We will ensure, as we have since 2002, that the final draft you receive from us is completely ready to publish or turn in and will work with you until it's ready or refund your payment.
- Timelines - We assume that our customers are familiar with the interfaces and technology associated with the EFS website and know how to send, receive, and open attachments. In the event of a system failure or technical knowledge failure at the customer end, EFS cannot be held responsible for the timely completion of work. Potential failures include, but are not limited to, incorrect purchaser information (email address, etc.) or purchaser credit card information, problems with file transfer, incorrect formatting guidelines uploaded by a client, customer problems opening or printing files, or client-introduced errors. We will, in the event of any such problems, endeavor to remedy them in the draft / version originally submitted as our finished work.
- Copyright and Plagiarism - EFS in no way endorses copyright infringement and we are not responsible for a customer's decision--one way or another--to plagiarize from copyrighted or uncopyrighted work in any form. It is not our policy to check work for copyright infringement or plagiarism, and thus we cannot be held responsible for plagiarized content in a customer's work in its original submitted or edited form. Further, individual customers are responsible for determining whether their institution considers any part of their work as submitted to us or edited by us plagiarized or likely to lead to charges of plagiarism. We cannot be held liable or responsible for grades or academic penalties related to such charges, or to academic institutions which make such charges. "Citations" and "citation formatting," in EFS web pages, refers only to the style (MLA, Chicago, APA, etc.) of pre-existing citations. Even where we make an attempt to eliminate the existence of incorrectly cited and unquoted sources, we cannot be held responsible for grade penalizations due to plagiarism.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property - All the content on www.editorsforstudents.com and other subdomains is the sole intellectual and physical property of Editors For Students. Submitted work remains the exclusive property of the customer, though we request the right to occasionally post or utilize such work as examples of our editing in a manner respecting the anonymity and privacy of our clients. Search engines will not detect samples on our site. Customers may request that their essays not be used as samples.
- Academic Liability - EFS recognizes that academic evaluations of student work depend on factors beyond our control, including but not limited to: validity of the work to the assignment, factual correctness of the work, originality of the work, and subjective opinion of the professor or other evaluator. Since this is the case, we cannot be held legally or otherwise responsible for disappointing grades due to these factors, or any other factor that may affect grades. Any errors left in a draft that should have been caught, according to our service descriptions, will be addressed at no additional cost.
- Services - EFS services are detailed on our web site, but they are not limited to those listed. We reserve the right to modify our services and service prices at any time.
Diversity and Human Rights - EFS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time and provide a full refund upon such refusal. Violations of our policy on social justice and personal liberty are grounds for such refusal. These policies include but are not limited to the following:
Writing that disparages any group based on race, sexuality, sex at birth, or religion.
Writing that advocates violating the Constitutional rights of any individuals such as, but not limited to, their right to due process, their right to live free from laws and dictates not duly passed in Congress or by a state in these United States, their right to privacy, or their right to live free from extra legal or bureaucratic mandates that impact their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, including the pursuit of property and profit.
Writing that advocates the application of academic disciplines in a manner that violates the Constitution of the United States.
We will not discriminate based on gender, sexuality, race, religious affiliation, or nationality. We are thoroughly and actually anti-fascist.