When you order our final draft dissertation editing service (with a deadline of 7 or 10 days), we ensure that your dissertation is accepted without later committee requests for revisions (if there are any, we'll take care of them), is written in clear, concise prose, follows your reference style guidelines, and has perfect layout formatting.
Our dissertation editing service addresses errors in grammar, clarity, style, voice, and citation and layout formatting, ensuring that your final draft is ready for final approval without revisions.
We will ensure, as we have since 2002, that the final draft you receive from us is completely ready to publish or turn in and will work with you until it's ready or refund your payment.
Our dissertation editing service addresses the following elements of academic writing.
- Grammar: In our first pass of dissertation editing, we correct subject-verb agreement, pronoun referents, run-on and fragmented sentences (i.e., sentence boundaries), weak or improper verb usage, and other fatal grammatical mistakes. In this stage, we correct for basic grammar before we move on to the next step: style and voice editing.
- Style & Voice: In our second pass over every dissertation, we edit for style and voice. Style and voice editing addresses tone, word choice, pronoun usage, sentence structure, overused passive voice, and more. It also ensures that your writing conventions are consistent with your field's style guides (for example, numbers and statistical terminology are written differently in APA than MLA, and the correct use of italics varies across disciplines).
- Proofreading: Once we've edited for grammar, style, and voice, we complete your dissertation editing review with a final proofreading pass to ensure that the fine details are covered: every last comma use error, extra space, unneeded carriage return, and stray period (the list could go on) is found and corrected.
- Citation Formatting (optional): Most clients include citation formatting with their dissertation editing order. With this added service, we check and revise your citations (footnotes or parenthetical references) and reference list. This review requires a focus on tiny details that most writers (even most editors, in our experience) miss. We won't let your dissertation go to publication with reference errors or get rejected because of them.
- Layout Formatting (optional): Layout formatting is one of the most technically complicated aspects of preparing your final dissertation. It requires using multiple Word functions (e.g., the styles pane, pagination, headers and footers, section and page breaks). With layout formatting added to your order, we format your dissertation per your university's layout guidelines to ensure that the margins, page numbering, spacing, headers, Table of Contents/List of Tables, table and figure tags, and anything else listed in them are correct.
Complete Prep Editing
Our Complete Prep dissertation editing service includes editing, citation formatting, and layout formatting at a combined rate.
A thorough dissertation editing review requires a human eye that remains attentive to your style, the context of each correction made, and the content of your thesis. For these reasons, natural intelligence remains, as it has been since our founding in 2002, at the core of our editing service.
No Revisions Necessary: Your Final Draft is Here
After we've completed editing your dissertation, we'll send a copy of your edited dissertation draft back to you with track changes turned on for your review (and to show our work). We don't leave comments for you to address or any marginal notes that you'll need to sort through. When we find an error, we correct it so that you don't have to. Your final draft is here. It's that straightforward. Our reading room has samples for your review.