When you order our final draft thesis editing service (with a deadline of 7 or 10 days), we ensure that your dissertation is accepted without later committee requests for revisions (if there are any, we'll take care of them), is written in clear, concise prose, follows your reference style guidelines, and has perfect layout formatting.
Our thesis editing service addresses errors in grammar, clarity, style, voice, and citation and layout formatting, ensuring that your final draft is ready for final approval without revisions.
We will ensure, as we have since 2002, that the final thesis draft you receive from us is completely ready to publish or turn in and will work with you until it's ready or refund your payment.
Our thesis editing service addresses the following elements of academic writing.
- Grammar: In our first pass of thesis editing, we correct subject-verb agreement, pronoun referents, run-on and fragmented sentences (i.e., sentence boundaries), weak or improper verb usage, and other fatal grammatical mistakes. In this stage, we correct for basic grammar before we move on to the next step: style and voice editing.
- Style & Voice: In our second pass over every thesis our clients order, we edit for style and voice. Style and voice editing addresses tone, word choice, pronoun usage, sentence structure, overused passive voice, and more. It also ensures that your writing conventions are consistent with your field's style guides (for example, numbers and statistical terminology are written differently in APA than MLA, and the correct use of italics varies across disciplines).
- Proofreading: Once we've edited for grammar, style, and voice, we complete your thesis editing review with a final proofreading pass to ensure that the fine details are covered: every last comma use error, extra space, unneeded carriage return, and stray period (the list could go on) is found and corrected. Clients comfortable with their writing's overall grammar, style, and voice may wish to order our thesis proofreading service, without the focus on style and voice that thesis editing provides.
When you add one or both of our thesis formatting services to your thesis editing order, we meticulously review and correct your thesis draft following your department's guidelines and required academic style.
- Citation Formatting (optional): Most clients include citation formatting with their thesis editing order. With this added service, we check and revise your citations (footnotes or parenthetical references) and reference list. This review requires a focus on tiny details that most writers (even most editors, in our experience) miss. We won't let your thesis go to publication with reference errors or get rejected because of them.
- Layout Formatting (optional): Layout formatting is one of the most technically complicated aspects of preparing your final thesis. It requires using multiple Word functions (e.g., the styles pane, pagination, headers and footers, section and page breaks). With layout formatting added to your order, we format your thesis per your university's layout guidelines to ensure that the margins, page numbering, spacing, headers, Table of Contents/List of Tables, table and figure tags, and anything else listed in them are correct.
Complete Prep Thesis Editing
Our Complete Prep thesis editing service includes editing, citation formatting, and layout formatting at a combined rate.
No Revisions Necessary: Your Final Draft is Here
After we've completed editing your thesis, we'll send a copy of your thesis draft back to you with track changes turned on for your review (and to show our work). We don't leave comments for you to address or any marginal notes that you'll need to sort through. When we find an error, we correct it so that you don't have to. It's that straightforward. Our reading room has samples for your review.